I laughed out loud recently when I was giving an intuitive reading for a client. I’ll call her Sue. She was struggling with a particularly difficult relationship with her brother. I was asking my guides, and Sue’s, for some intuitive insight about what would be helpful.
I receive much of my information through images and feelings when giving a reading. Imagine my surprise when I saw a group of her guides and angels standing around her with big signs that read:
It struck me immediately how much they wanted to help her with her family difficulties. They explained that Sue (and all of us) have free will. They could only help her if she asked directly for their assistance.
They also gave me some tips to share about working with them.
1) Ask for what you want. They told me that many people use their prayers and requests for guidance as a vehicle for complaints. What’s most helpful, they explained, is to say things like,
“Please help me with this situation.”
“I want to invite peace (resolution, calm, etc.) into this area of my life.”
“What could I do to resolve this issue?”
2) Don’t try to figure out HOW what you want will occur. The helpers in the unseen world have countless ways to assist you. They may guide you to a book to read or a mentor to help you. They might provide an intuitive insight that will give you just the right idea to help you out of your conflict. They could also help you attract new sources of revenue. They say that when you ask them to focus on only one solution, you limit all of the miracles they could bring your way.
3) Keep your mind and heart open. In the case of my client, Sue, they gently pointed out that she was feeling very negative about the prospects of change in her particular difficulty. I noticed that much of what she said were things like, “This is a hopeless situation.” “He (her brother) will never change!” Her guide asked me to suggest some other ways of thinking and feeling such as,
“I’m open to new ideas to restore peace into my family.”
“I believe in miracles and I’m inviting one into this situation.”
“I know that my guides and angels are helping me with insight into the resolution of this issue.”
4) Allow space for the miracles to occur. The unseen helpers explained that we (humans) often expect the concerns we pray about to change overnight. When they don’t, we can become bitter and think that our prayers are not being heard or resolved. They asked for us to trust that things were transforming for the better even when we couldn’t see those changes in our present reality.
5) Ask for help through prayer. They said, “When you pray, you are sending your concerns to a loving Source who wants to restore you and your life back to joy. Your task is to listen within for the still, quiet voice of guidance, to be at peace and to take action on any wisdom you receive.”
I heard from Sue again several weeks after our reading. She had taken heed of all of the things her guide said. “I really worked at shifting my attitude and focus towards my brother. We hadn’t talked in quite some time. I recently got a conciliatory email from him. I consider that a sign. We have a lot of issues to resolve. But I think that this is a good beginning and an indication that my guides are working behind the scenes on our behalf.”